≡ Menu

An Eco-Friendly Holiday Gift Idea

With the holidays fast approaching, I wanted to help make people’s shopping a little easier. If you have anyone on your list who eats food, I have a great idea for you: Hashi-A-Go-Go.

Hashi-A-Go-Go and Case

My friend Logan (another one of my girl friends who has a boy’s name) is pretty industrious and she decided to apply her craftiness to make Hashi-A-Go-Go. You may have seen other versions of them around, but now you can get a home-made pair just in time for the holidays.

She is only doing a limited run for the holidays, so if you’re interested, you’d better contact her to order yours, logan.okita@gmail.com. The price is $10 and you can see just what you get: a pair of chopsticks and a washable case for them.

Just look at what a great way this is to give something that keeps on giving…to our planet.

According to ecohashi.net (note that Hashi-A-Go-Go is not affiliated with Eco Hashi):

• More than 63 billion pairs of disposable chopsticks are produced each year
  • That destroys 100 acres of forest a day
  • That equals 25 million fully grown trees a year

Hashi-A-Go-Go Craftiness: A Sturdy Button Closure (Instead of a Loop)

Oh, and it’s low-maintenance! Just wash the chopsticks in warm soapy water and air dry – that’s it! And the cloth holder can be treated like any similar clothing item, washing it in cold water and hanging to dry.

So why not be kind to our environment by bringing your own eco-friendly set of chopsticks to your next meal?

No disclosure necessary. I get absolutely nothing for writing this post except the joy of spreading word about my crafty friend’s creative endeavor.

Mahalo!

PS: Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter @capsun or visit my photo blog.

Please note: The views expressed here are mine and mine alone. While I am employed by and affiliated with organizations and individuals, permission has neither been asked nor granted to write on the topics discussed here.

{ 13 comments… add one }

• kyleepuu November 23, 2011, 10:56 AM

So… I want to keep mine nice and pretty so I just keep them on my counter and admire them. Such a cute gift idea!

• Charlotte74 November 29, 2011, 10:36 PM

100 acres of forest a day, just for chopsticks, incredible.

• CAPSUN November 30, 2011, 6:36 AM

@kyleepuukyleepuu I think that’s such a Japanese quality. I used to do that all the time. But now, I’m embracing my Chinese side more. Just make use of stuff, because that’s why we got it in the first place. I loved them so much, I bought a whole bunch to give away.

• fergusonsarah November 30, 2011, 6:42 AM

Destroying 100 acres of forest a day, that’s terrible. Sad to hear that. Maybe this kind of projects Eco-friendly holidays gift idea can lessen the damage on forestry.

• LauLau81 December 2, 2011, 11:08 AM

Eco-friendly gift ideas is a great way to conserve our forestry… This is great… We all have to watch for out eco system to get balanced for our future generation.

• aussiebattery December 6, 2011, 5:03 PM

Really good idea, thanks for share.

• LauLau81 December 7, 2011, 2:03 PM

This is really helpful especially Holidays are here…Thanks!!

• b.nijhoff December 11, 2011, 10:29 PM

This really looks like a great gift and it’s not a very big gift. Eco-friendly gifts are also great. Thanks for sharing!

• BlackMoldRemovalProducts December 21, 2011, 3:29 AM

aaww this is a cute idea! will make more of this since my friends loves to eat sashimi and maki. thanks!

• shirleybrown January 7, 2012, 12:03 AM

I think this is a great gift idea. I would love these chopsticks as a gift and I would like to give these to others as well.

Your friend should consider doing this more seriously. Perhaps she can set up a website that accepts orders on a regular basis. I am sure there are a lot of folks out there who would want to gift such items for occasions throughout the year.

• Hindi Sms February 3, 2012, 6:50 PM

Hi. I find your blog very interesting now. Count me as one of the biggest fans look. Thank you very much.

• BettySteven May 11, 2012, 9:31 AM

You know so much about this subject. So much so that you made me want to learn more about it. Your blog is my stepping stone, my friend.Thanks for the heads up on this subject.

<a href=”http://www.ogc.com.pk/type/air-conditioner” Air Conditioner </a>

• keeltsie January 15, 2013, 1:41 AM

It’s a great idea for a gift. I love Panda bears!